Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dinosaur or Dragon?

Happy Halloween!
Colin is at the age where Halloween is finally exciting. He woke up on Saturday and said " Is it Halloween today, Mommy?" "When are we going to the Halloween party?" "Can I wear my dinosaur costume?"

He was so excited, but as we put his costume on, I realized, hey, this isn't a dinosaur - it's a dragon. Luckily, Colin could care less, throughout the day, he would call it a dragon and other times, he called it a dinosaur.

So I loaded the kids up, I was so ambitious, we had so many possibilities to make it a full Halloween day! First we went to Grandma Cheryl's and Grandpa Jerry's house. My mom had bought Colin Halloween socks, I thought he would be so excited to wear them -instead, he said " I think these are for girls."

Then it was off to HyVee, all of a sudden my dinosaur/dragon was shy, clutched on to me and didn't want anything to do with the trick or treating that he so eagerly awaited. Once we saw Minnie Mouse (aka Aunt Katy), then this whole trick or treating thing wasn't so bad after all.

Justin, as usual, sat in the shopping cart, smiling and taking it all in. I think he was so desperately wishing that he could eat candy!

After the HyVee "Halloween Party" we stopped by great-grandma Wilma's house - I think Colin consumed as much sugar as I do in a year. But what, the heck, it's Halloween - they should have some fun.

The day ended with loading the kids up to Grandma and Grandpa Lande's. We thought maybe the boys would get a kick out of seeing all the kids with costumes trick or treating - yeah, not so much. I think we may have scarred Colin for life.

What a cute elephant


Dinosour or Dragon? We can't decide.....



I think the elephant is trying to eat the dragon/dinosaur



Justin trying on Bryan's wig








No comments:

Post a Comment